“Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.”
Tracking your investments closely leads to more wealth in the short and long run. If you are investing in the stock market, it’s a good idea to treat your investment portfolio the way you would if you were running your own business. Wise investors and business owners track their #money closely. It’s easy for you to begin tracking your investments.
Could you tell me right now how your investments are doing, or is that information left in the hands of someone else? No need to worry if you are not up to date with the exact figures because with today’s technology it’s simple for you to access your investments in real time.
Why do you want to track your investments closely?
You want to track your investments because the stock market is quite unpredictable. At times the market can move up and down, more or less than 5% in one day. No excuses, it’s a good idea to watch your portfolio.
Are you investing with the money you need to live on, or its money you have put away for your future? Either way, you don’t want to be in the dark of about situation you may have been able to avoid.
Answer These 9 Questions To Protect Your Money From Surprises
- What is your registration on the account? Is it a taxable account or non-taxable?
- Are your assets in a CD or money market that has a fixed rate of return?
- What is your risk on your investments; how much can you lose?
- Are your investments aligned with the current stage of life you are in?
- Do you have a company plan where all of your assets are in one single stock or are your assets at a brokerage house that invests for you?
- What is your portfolio invested in? (Example: Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s)?
- Are you aware of the potential loss you can have if the stock market went down sharply?
- What fees are you paying on your investments?
- What percentage of equity and bonds are in your portfolio?
As a savvy investor it helps to take control of your investment by using an array of resource tools to help you track your investments. Protect your money so there are no surprises. In minutes you can visit a reputable website where you can follow what is happening, and prepare yourself at a moment’s notice if you decide an adjustment may be necessary. Accessing your investment portfolio on the web will allow you to read the latest news reports that affect the market or find key information that will disclose a buying or selling opportunity. You can view intra day price movements on stocks, exchange traded funds of all different sectors of the market and track mutual fund performance. You’ll discover by taking an interest in the resources that are available, you will become a more confident and informed investor. Both are keys in your financial success!
I would like to share with you a free and easy resource you can use when educating yourself. It also happens to be my favorite tracking site on the internet, check it out and go to Yahoo.com. Click on tab marked “Finance” to get started. Yahoo provides a wealth of timely information on what’s going on in the investment world in straightforward language meant to help any level of investor. Once there you will find that…
Yahoo Finance Can Help You:
- See how your favorite stock market index is doing.
- Watch your portfolio daily, check on the price movement of your individual stocks or mutual funds.
- Export historical data of mutual funds, ETF’s, or stocks,
- You can compare your investing holdings using their charting tools.
- See and experiment with the technical indicators. They will give you clues to the trend of the market.
Protect yourself today by tracking your investments. By taking the time to do some research before you invest in the stock market you will avoid possible surprises that you are able to control. The market does not always go up (great fun) and there are some severe downturns (not fun) which can prove costly when you’re uninformed. Take care of your portfolio by tracking your investments closely by becoming a better informed investor. Always ask questions and you will find yourself learning more and more about investing. Whether you are a novice or professional, it’s a good idea to develop good money making habits. Doing your research beforehand and watching the market closely will only deepen your commitment to continue tracking your investments. Over time you will find your careful attention will create the #wealth you deserve so you may live the lifestyle you desire.
If you like this article then you will love my free training Stop Struggling Building Wealth Get your Free Instant Download Register Here:
- Connect via LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest & Facebook
- Choose your very own FREE down-loadable gift by visiting Bonnie’s Offers
- Subscribe to BonnieGortler.com
- Order your copy of “Journey to Wealth” today!